Welcome to the Cotopaxi Summit!
July 20 and 21
Thank you for participating in our tour, below, details and recommendations
Itinerary (Subject to unforeseen variations during the trip)
· 8h00 Meeting in our office in Av. Valladolid and Coruña. Ed. Brana N24- 663 (3 blocks from Plaza Artigas).
09h00 Punctual departure.
During the trip
1. Talk about progression in glacier and clothing
2. Engagement talks and equipment
. 11h30 Arrival at the Control of the Cotopaxi National Park
. 12h00 Arrival at the refuge parking lot, walking and training techniques
. 12h15 Start of the walk to the refuge
13h00 Arrival at the Refuge
· 14h30 Theoretical school of progression in glacier
16h00 Return to the refuge
4:30 pm Dinner
· 17h30 Talk about the ropes and last details of the tour
22h00 Waking up and preparing for the ascent
23h00 Start of ascent
07h00 approx. arrival at the summit
12h00 approx. Return to the shelter and rest.
· 14h00 Start of the return to Quito.
16h00 Stop to eat
18h00 (approximately) Arrival at the office
- Comfortable slim 1st layer stockings.
- Half-layer high warm coats.
- NO JEANS 1st layer mesh pants (prohibited)
- Very warm 2nd layer pants
- Windproof 3rd layer pants
- Glasses maximum factor 4
- Coated buso 1st layer (Polartec type)
- 2nd layer thermal sweater
- Waterproof windbreaker 3rd layer with hood
- Pair of leggings for hiking boots
- Waterproof thermal gloves or mittens
- Headlamp with new batteries for 8 hours of use
- Sun protection protection factor 30 or more
- Lip balm
- Minimum backpack (30 liters) for box lunch, drinks, etc.
- Sleeping bag
- Cuellera, buff
- Ski mask
- Thermos of 1lt or bottle for drink.
- Sandals for use in the shelter. (you can rent them at the shelter for a cost of $ 1)
- Trekking stick
- Harness with carabiner
- 1 ice ax
- High mountain boots
- 1 pair of crampons
-We will not have height problems, however, it is recommended the previous days an intake of foods rich in garlic, lemon, pearl onion, legumes and vegetables and plenty of water.
- Rest well the night before so that you can fully enjoy this enriching experience.
-The lunch that is provided is very sustained, however, it is very important to come with a very good breakfast.
-Important to have a camera (cell phone is enough) to immortalize those moments.
-Come with a great predisposition to fully enjoy and make the most of this trip.